Been a busy week this week. We have gone from deposit variation to interim consolidated tender. We now have our pre-colour appointment booked in for the end of the month and our main colour appointment in early August.
Once again I have been overly impressed with the service from McDonald Jones. Everything has happened so quickly and smoothly. Within a few hours of receiving an email advising that we will be appointed a client liaison officer who will be in touch shortly, I received a call from Melissa introducing herself. I'm sure I will be bugging her lots over the next year (or more, poor girl!)
I have also started mentally preparing myself for all the decisions we will need to make over the next few months *deep breaths*. It's going to be super fun but there is also so much pressure to get it all right!
We have been looking through the included Austral brick ranges online and really liked the look of the Urban One Pepper - but it is so hard to tell how they really look. So much variation online, even when looking at photos of housing being built with these bricks. We have been meaning to go out to the display centre, and finally got around to it today to see them in the flesh. I was attracted to them before I even knew they were the ones. Below are a few snaps (very cloudy and rainy today so only managed to get a few in direct sunlight).
I have to say I LOVE them and so does the husband, so that's one decision made, a million to go. I was worried they were going to be too dark but they were lighter than expected and I love the colour variation through them. We were also given a list of houses to look at around Sydney that had used these bricks, and I fell even more in love with them seeing them used for a completed house.
Super excited to now have a sample brick! Not exactly sure where to put it though haha.
And a sneaky one of a beautiful house in Pepper!
Update on our land as well. Our road has been dug out and blocks are pegged, Woo!
Pretty rainbow at Willowdale today (our block is somewhere in front of the mound of dirt)






No comments:
Post a Comment