so just a bit of light reading to do...
The contract is MASSIVE! Even our conveyancer was shocked. He warned me, but I didn't expect close to 600 pages. He has started the review process and scanned and emailed us a copy to read through. I was feeling really overwhelmed by the size, but now that I have had a few flicks through it, it actually isn't too bad at all. Big chunks of it apply to a number of other lots as well so I enjoyed skipping these sections! We have an electrical substation on the lot next door which affects a few metres of our land (but luckily we have really wide frontage for the house we are building so shouldn't affect the build). The requirements are to do with fire-resistant walls but as we aren't likely to be building in this restriction zone I really don't think it will be necessary. The area is deemed to be bushfire prone, but the rating for our particular lot is low so it will be interesting to see what the implications of this are.
We spoke to someone at McDonald Jones briefly last weekend at Oran Park (where our display home is) and have an appointment for Sunday morning. They have told us they can give us a quote without having to visit the land (which isn't anywhere near ready). It will be good to get a better idea of all the costs ahead. They can also lock in a price for 12 months; 5 months free and a fee to extend. This is on payment of a $3000 deposit.
Fingers crossed our budgeting is fairly accurate, though I know there will always be unexpected costs!

No comments:
Post a Comment