Tuesday, 6 May 2014

First Quote

On Sunday we had our first meeting with our potential builder – McDonald Jones Homes to start the quoting process for the Infinity One!
I have to say that first impressions with this builder have been great. I have been liaising with a few of the sales staff and consultants and they have been able to answer all my queries and provide the necessary information. Tracey our consultant at Oran Park has been really helpful and knowledgeable. 
This is what we have put down for our quote (pretty sure I haven't forgotten anything!): 
  • 2.55m high ceilings
  • Removed the outside door in the bedroom and replaced with a big window
  • Removed double linen in hall to allow for more space in the walk-in robe
  • Added 2 x double linen cupboards in place of hall furniture recess
  • Extension of bedroom 3 wardrobe
  • Bedroom 2 and bedroom 3 wardrobes with one door mirrored 
  • 40mm stone to kitchen benches and island
  • Shampoo recess to bathroom and ensuite
  • Ducted air-conditioning 
  • Chase B Facade
  • Impressions upgrade package which includes quite a bit, but to name a few: steel frame, 900 wide oven and cooktop, glass canopy rangehood, automatic garage door opener, square washbowls and 20mm stone benches for the bathroom and ensuite 



This is the chase facade (though on a different house- our front door runs down the side):

























Flooring (except wet areas) are after handover- we would love to do bamboo throughout the house but carpet for the bedrooms and home theatre. We will also look at doing downlights after handout. 
I received a text message from Tracey yesterday to advise that a site inspection of our land has been booked. I think this will be for the soil sample for the slab, as we have already provided the contour map. We have been quoted worst case for site costs and from what I have read about the area and the high salinity, I don't think this is going to come down.  
Costs have been more than we expected and the scary thing is that a lot of the other things we enquired about are done at the colour consult and electrical consult. No idea how much we budget for that! 
We have another appointment Saturday afternoon to get the quote - though it will just be the husband going to this. I have told him he needs to write down EVERYTHING! I don't like missing out on things haha.
We are going to get a quote from Sekisui on Sunday morning as well for comparison. The Mitsu is our second preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment